Friday 16 December 2011

Rain


Living in the United Kingdom I am no stranger to rain.  Rain is something very special to me.  It invokes very pleasant feelings from relaxation to nostalgia to hope.  When I have nothing on me that cannot get wet and it starts to pour down, I keep my head up high and enjoy watching people run to shelter.  I like when I need to run to shelter and have to wait for it to stop or when I'm under an umbrella and I hear the droplets above my head.  On a hot summers day a quick blast of cold, refreshing rain can really cut through the heat.  I love the sound of rain and my favourite rainy moments are when I snuggle up in my bed and listen to a heavy downpour.  Sometimes, if it suddenly starts to chuck it down I will stop what I am doing and stick my head out of a window.  I love the smells rain creates, the damp air and earthy musk.  It all gives me a sense of comfort and satisfaction.  To round off the cliche, I also like long walks, but that's an article for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment