Monday 26 December 2011

Anime


When I was quite young, I remember viewing Akira for the first time.  I had no idea what was going on, but I did not care and absolutely loved it.  I have loved animation for as long as I could remember.  Akira opened new doors for me.  At the time I found it hard to get hold of other Japanese animations and every piece of anime I could scrounge up, I savoured.  I loved the style, the quality (of most anime I was watching at the time, at least) and the imagination.  I have even gone so far as to defend anime as being superior to Disney, which in some circles may be considered sacrilege.

These days it is a lot easier to get hold of Anime and in the last five or so years I have watched a considerable amount.  As a child it was certainly more exotic and I am saddened that it has become so much more mainstream, but in contrast that does mean I now have more access to something I love.  It brings up complex and contrasting feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment