Saturday 26 November 2011

Doodle Wallpaper


I spent a bit of time yesterday working on a new background image for this blog.  I found a few old sketches and doodles, pieced them together and spent some time fiddling with filters and effects.  It was nice to look through these old sketches.  It was inspiring.  I think the finished piece is good and works well with the tone and initial concept I have for this blog, unlike the more sedate background image on my art blog.

You may notice, however, that in some places it does obscure writing.  This is a problem that will have to be resolved at a later date because I'm not that clued up on blog editing.  The Blogger template editor is pretty poor and I found it frustrating.  I do have an advisor I can ask to sort out these scripting problems.

Nevertheless, I like having a background image I created.  It just doesn't feel like my blog until I have added my artistic touch to the design.  I still have to do a header and an image to use for entrecard, but for the time being this is more of a unique design and I'm feeling happier with it.

3 comments:

  1. like your doodles. But your red font is very hard to read. Might want to change it - don't know if you can see it... {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb :o)

    I'm going to sort out the layout, colours and general look of the blog over time. It's actually inspired me to start think about the design of my other blog again.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I found it ok Pictsy yep :-)

    ReplyDelete