Friday 25 November 2011

Daredevil - The Director's Cut


After watching Thor I decided to give the Daredevil film a go for the first time.  I heard the film was awful and avoided it because of that.  Even when I did get around to watching it, I chose the Directors Cut, because it is told to be better.

It was a pretty bad film.  Ben Affleck did not come across as a convincing superhero.  Also, I was never quite sure whether it was trying to be camp or serious.  I had low expectations going into this film and they were pretty well met.

I don't think this is a film that I'll give a second viewing - at least not of my own volition.  Then again, I've seen Ghost Rider twice and also The Worst Film I Have Ever Seen (which shall remain unknown for the sake of all humanity) twice.  Daredevil isn't quite that bad.  Nevertheless, the casting and visuals of the film could have been a lot better.  It seemed clear to me from this film that Daredevil is a character of pathos.   Yet, once again, too much was crammed into the time and the pathos of this film got buried.

Looking for the positive, the fight sequences were well choreographed and probably the highlights of the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment